Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time position.
- Responsible for the financial bookkeeping, monitoring expenditures according to the Financial Disbursement Policy, and reporting to the Finance Committee
- Functions as part of the management team, proactively sharing ideas, and giving guidance on financial matters
- This position is under the direction of the Senior Pastor, Treasurer, and Finance Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains appropriate and accurate financial records, ACS Technologies OnDemand, Microsoft Office, Suite, QuickBooks, Paychex,
- Records collections and receipts in the accounting records
- Prepares and mails confidential quarterly giving statements to donors
- Processes payments to vendors and others, including obtaining proper documentation and authorization
- Assists in the Stewardship process and may attend Stewardship meetings
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
- Maintains vendor files
- Balances and reconciles all accounts on a monthly basis
- Ensures existence of verifiable audit trail for all financial transactions
- Ensures loan progress payments are made
- Prepares and makes weekly bank deposits
- Processes year end 1099s, W-2s, etc.
- Works with auditors as needed
- Ensures proper state and federal filings
- Updates payroll system accordingly
- Ensures completion of IRS documentation
- Verifies payment amounts are correct prior to payment
Report generation and distribution
- Prepares weekly financial report for UPLift mission
- Prepares monthly financial reports (Income Statements, Balance Sheet, Budget vs. Actual) for committees and staff
- Completes appropriate IRS tax reports
Communication & Reporting
- Provides timely responses to financial inquiries from committees, staff and the congregation
- Reports on Capital Campaign progress
- Attends Finance Committee meetings and reports on financial activity
- Monitors and reports on investment activity including endowments, and prepares annual analysis for the amount to be expended from endowment funds
- Maintains employee files with related payroll documentation
- Ensures proper new hire and termination paperwork is completed, processed and maintains records
- Manages employee benefits: Annual benefits enrollment, changes, etc.
- Serves as liaison with third party vendors and insurers
- Maintains contracts and insurance records. Monitors for renewal, etc.
- Reviews proposed contracts for financial feasibility
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; college courses or certifications in finance or bookkeeping preferred
- Proficiency in bookkeeping or accounting – minimum 5 years of experience
- Familiarity with processing and reporting stock donations
- Confidentiality is a must
- Must be detail-oriented, and number savvy
- Must be able to graciously handle calls and questions from congregation, committee members and donors
Computer & Equipment Requirements
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Excel
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Paychex
- Experienced with accounting software - ACS Technologies OnDemand
- High school or equivalent
- Bookkeeping/Accounting: 5 years
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now