Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Identifies relevant risks, controls and non-compliance instances and recommends solutions for mitigating risk and improving controls. Proficiency with tools and techniques used to assess organizational internal controls, evaluate operating effectiveness and identify noncompliance.
Has expertise in evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. Advanced knowledge of IIA and Yellow Book professional standards framework and various federal and state compliance regulations, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, GMRA, etc. Reviews and analyzes systems, methods, procedures and processes.
Gathers data and documentation to support findings and recommended solutions. Demonstrated excellent communication skills. Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. May train others. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs financial, procurement, and other regulatory reviews of federally funded programs
- Compile and analyze financial and accounting data, statistical information and audit documents such as account reconciliations, etc.
- Reviews accounting and operating procedures to evaluate internal controls and recommend modifications that improve controls, efficiency and effectiveness
- Identifies accounting and auditing issues and recommend resolutions
- Create, organize and maintain project documents and work program papers
- Utilizes a wide variety of financial information related to work assignments and testing
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Assist in the development of project audit reports
- Participates in meetings, facilitates communication between clients and project staff
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a working knowledge of IIA and Yellow Book professional standards framework and audit standards. Must have a working knowledge of tools and techniques to assess an organization’s internal control processes, evaluate operating effectiveness and provide remedies for findings identified.
Must be able to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels. Must demonstrate sound communication skills and good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Accounting: 2 years
- Auditing: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now