Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Essential Job Functions :
- Have primary responsibility for all bookkeeping functions of the Company, including entering all applicable data into QuickBooks, performing all tasks relating to Accounts Payable (including invoice review and entry, bill payments and expense reimbursements) and Accounts Receivable (enter all sales orders, generate sales reports, generate and send invoices, fulfill customer payments, manage collections, and perform inventory control reconciliation) functions, as well as maintaining related files.
- Manage cash flow to meet Company obligations as directed and regularly reconcile bank accounts.
- Process payroll for Company.
- Generate regular financial reports for Company as directed.
- Perform the human resources function of the Company, including maintaining all Company human resources files and records, on boarding new employees, and overseeing annual benefits renewals.
- Ensure that the office is running smoothly, including making all travel arrangements for Company, maintaining and ordering office supplies as needed and serving as Company receptionist.
- Have primary responsibility for sales tax payment and reporting. Support tax accountants as needed by providing data in requested formats.
- Track all expenditures under all grants and contracts for the Company, manage financial aspects of Company grants, and ensure that management receives regular reports of status.
- Bring to the attention of the CEO any concerns, issues, or irregularities in the financial statements.
- Provide general administrative assistance to the CEO as requested.
- Perform other tasks as needed by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus at least 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role, preferably in a small business. Business and/or accounting related coursework is preferred but not required.
Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills and time-management skills are essential.
Expertise and experience with QuickBooks software is critical.
Strong knowledge and experience with using basic office software, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet search programs, and standard email software is essential.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including excellent ability to take direction and to work in teams and with people of all ages, genders, ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is essential.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, is essential. Demonstrated capability for showing initiative, strong willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
Collaborative, can-do, pleasant, positive attitude is essential; creative thinking, good problem solving skills strongly preferred. Enthusiasm and dependability are essential. Highly detail oriented, accurate, flexible and comfortable working in a frequently changing, small-company, startup environment is essential.
- accounting/bookkeeping: 3 years
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Office Management
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now