Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This opportunity will be for a 12 month contract position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Safety - Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy. Understand and abide by life saving rules and promote safety culture in the workplace.
- Leadership - Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviors in line with values at all times. Readily accepts accountability
- Financial - Carries out duties in a way that maximizes value and minimizes waste and risk. Continuous pursuit of efficiency gains to enhance effectiveness of the finance group.
Provide leadership to colleagues and other key financial information users with value adding financial information that is timely, accurate, meets their needs and aids decision making. Working closely with the Finance, Planning and Asset teams, assist with the coordination and control of the budget and outlook processes for OOGC, ensuring adherence to reporting timelines.
- Work with Operations and Planning groups to understand their budgets and actuals, assisting in the identification of efficiency opportunities;
- Pursue standardization of reporting to include more high level review and trending analysis
Liaise with other operations departments and areas of Finance to ensure a thorough understanding of the business processes as they relate to the area of responsibility. Develop strong working relationship with the Operations and Planning groups to ensure quality delivery of outlook information.
This role will encounter many competing priorities/challenges from the business, from Finance and from the operating environment, requiring the incumbent to be able to manage numerous deliverables and prioritize effectively.
Ad-hoc duties and special projects as requested by the Senior Manager – Finance, including, but not limited to – analytical review, review of financial results review, review of legal entity financial statements, account reconciliations, vacation coverage for team members, SOX documentation, business control documentation, supply chain management, accrual to actual reconciliations, production month to fiscal month reconciliations, attending meetings, driving continuous improvements, etc.
- Collaboration - Collaborates with others in the team and looks for opportunities to leverage their network and work with others to develop safe, practical and effective solutions. Look for solutions through this collaboration and explore opportunities to share successes from collaboration.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation - Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders. Complies with project management disciplines, effectively utilizes knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews. Share improvement opportunities and take accountability for own improvement and share responsibility for the continued improvement of the Canada Finance team.
- Capability Development - Looks for opportunities to develop technical and personal skills both by formal learning interventions and work experience. Coaches team colleagues where appropriate and demonstrates a personal commitment to lifelong learning
- People Processes - Engages with people processes in a positive and timely manner. Demonstrates a commitment to the spirit of such processes.
Performs other duties, completes additional tasks and supports ad hoc projects as required
Education & Experience
- Accountancy qualification (CPA)
- >10 years experience, preferably with strong SAP and financial reporting skills
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now