Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
The contract Staff Accountant will assist with the monthly closing and preparation of financial statements for the field businesses.
As a member of the team, you will partner with our individual businesses in the field so positive interactions and outstanding service are critical. The Staff Accountant will need to possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities without compromising high quality work results.
- Perform the monthly close and review of monthly financial statements and analysis (i.e. variance analysis)
- Prepare journal entries to upload data which records preneed sales, commissions, trust and cash as well as make adjustments to ensure the financials reflect proper reporting.
- Request information on unusual and missing activity in general ledger accounts.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations, identify proposed adjustments, processing errors, and partner with other departments to get them resolved.
- Identify necessary process improvements and work to get them implemented.
- Partner with individual businesses and provide support by answering questions (i.e.: processing of contracts and inventory and completing inventory reconciliations.)
- Special Projects as assigned and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum five years’ accounting experience.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and financial reporting.
- Experience working with automated ledger applications, analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now