Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required along with experience in a lead accounting position. Five years of overall combined accounting and finance experience is highly preferred. Additional work experience may be substituted for education.
Experience with nonprofit organizations is a plus. Must have understanding of general accounting principles and procedures. Requires knowledge of financial statements and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
This position also requires handling multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to communicate effectively, manage department, administrative skills and supervise staff. Experience is required in accounting Software, computer operations, and Excel (or similar) spreadsheet applications.
Under the general direction of the VP of Accounting, the Accounting Director will be responsible for the following areas:
- Supervises and manages all accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, service inventory, and revenue recognition
- Communicates effectively and provides leadership, direction and professional development of staff
- Performs bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Coordinates preparation of the operating budget, financial forecasts and report variances. Prepares and analyzes budgets for multiple grants and special projects.
- Prepares and publishes accurate and timely monthly financial statements for grants programs. Monitors ongoing expenses to ensure compliance with funding agency guidelines and financial reporting requirements.
- Oversees payroll processing and quarterly reports
- Conducts/Coordinates annual audit of financial accounts
- Researches accounting issues for compliance
- Supports month-end and year-end close process
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manages and complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintains and improves current business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all accounts and records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accounting: 1 year
- management: 1 year
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now