Chief Financial Officer
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Key job tasks of Chief Financial Officer
- As a true business partner to the CEO, COO, divisional VP’s and Directors, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy (5 year and 10 year plan)
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations. Works with COO and Divisional VP’s / Directors to execute those strategies once adopted by the CEO.
- Responsible for locating issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Reports recommendations to the CEO and board to navigate within the outlined goals and objectives.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers growth goals, potential acquisitions, balancing the team culture of being a client and team first organization.
- Executive Management
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly 13 week cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Develop and maintain capital budgets.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Maintain good financial relationship with lenders and key vendors / subcontractors.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Examine security procedures to insure all client information, credit card procedures and company assets are protected from theft.
- Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the CEO and Board of Advisors (when built) to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, owners, executives, board, etc.
- Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for executive team and board; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Team Management
- Mentor and develop a direct team of 4 that will grow along with the company, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Develop performance metrics to manage your team by. Each member of your team should have clearly outlined expectations as well as a scoreboard that is maintained and managed.
- Provide guidance to COO and division directors/VP’s to help each navigate by goals and budgets.
- Accounting Activities
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Develop and manage accounting staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Cash Management
- Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing.
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
- Corporate Development
- Represent company in efforts with bankers and potential investors
- Prepare various analyses and reports required by corporate development efforts
- Insurance/Real Estate/Legal Affairs
- Manage the company’s insurance program
- Manage the company’s real estate affairs consisting of leases and sub-leases with various landlords; Negotiate new leases or lease renewals; Coordinate with real estate counsel.
- Manage the company’s legal affairs in the areas pertaining to finance and contracts.
- A minimum of CPA and/or MBA.
- At least five years experience as CFO or equivalent, revenues of at least $25 million.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Financial Management: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
- Financial Analyst
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now