Accounts Receivable Specialist
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
A company is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist. Candidates should possess relevant work history within a healthcare setting, excellent job stability and tenure and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in healthcare payment recovery.
To process unpaid accounts by contacting third-party payers. To execute customer service as outlined at an optimal level. To honor patient and co-worker confidentiality. Exhibits the core values of respect, integrity, innovation, and compassion.
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period, and payment sources.
- Reviews each account via practice management program, reports, and other information sources with an average productivity of 50 visits per day.
- Performs collection actions including third party appeals and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Completes correspondence follow-up as a back-up to financial counselor as needed.
- Resolves incoming patient calls.
- Reports to regular staff meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Tactfulness in dealing with insurance companies and patients regarding accounts.
- Accounting skills to audit an account.
- Must have good business writing skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- PC in windows environment experience.
- Able to fully utilize all modules of medical practice management system.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Electronic Health Record System, eclinical works knowledge a plus.
- Medical claims experience that includes knowledge of the following:
- Account collections
- EOB review and analysis.
- Able to understand managed care contracts by using provider manuals and other resources.
- Third party appeals processes
- Pre-certification and referrals
- Payment processing
- Rules and regulations of managed care organizations and government payers
- State laws pertaining to payment of claims.
- Hospital Billing
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Two years of accounts receivables experience required.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Effective verbal communication, interpersonal, and telephone skills.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment including multi-line phone, computer, copier, and fax machines.
- Professional tone while speaking to patients on the phone.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounts Receivable
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now