Director of Finance
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time, 25 - 28 hours per week position.
Provide for the accuracy and integrity of the financial records of the church and the stewardship records of the membership. Supervise Financial Assistant.
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience in a similar field
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in business, accounting or equivalent field is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe and Outlook
- Knowledge of ACS Church operating system is a plus but not required; ability to learn new system is crucial
- Ability to work in a team environment required
- Good organizational and listening skills, detail oriented and good time-management required
- To accomplish or oversee the receipt, counting and deposit of all church offerings according to church policy.
- To accomplish or oversee posting of receipts and disbursements using the church management system.
- To accomplish or oversee the posting of offerings to members' Stewardship records and keep the records current.
- To reconcile monthly bank statements.
- To prepare end of month reports for the Board of Trustees and the Session.
- To prepare and issue payroll checks twice monthly. Prepare all necessary quarterly and annual reports for the Internal Revenue Service and Social Security Administration.
- To prepare and issue checks for all church expenses in a timely manner.
- To receive and answer queries concerning financial matters; maintain the file of invoices, payroll files, stewardship statements and their support, financial correspondence, reports, etc.
- To administer the personnel employee benefits and maintain the personnel files.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas.
- High school or equivalent
- Finance: 3 years
- Accounting: 3 years
- bookkeeping: 3 years
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
- Financial Analyst
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now