Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
A company is in search of a part-time Accounts Receivable/Payable Specialist. The following is information on the position being offered:
Obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in QuickBooks Desktop, Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Ability to type 40-45 wpm
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English fluently is required. English and Spanish speaking is a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5+ years of Accounts Payable experience
High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
Fluent in English. Communicates effectively in both oral and written communications.
Communicates with supervisor, peers, subordinates and other Company staff; working as part of a team contributing to Company goals.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now