Accounts Payable Specialist
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a temporary position.
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of payment of bills, spreadsheets, funds distribution; responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports; providing timely and accurate vendor records; 1099’s and other vendor reports; and ensuring that fiscal practices are followed and disbursement of funds are within proper company guidelines.
Provides administrative support, calculates, posts accounts payable transactions, processes invoices, purchase orders and other documents for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provides other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Enter invoices in system for payment
- Assist with proper and accurate coding of vendor invoices and purchase orders with the proper general ledger accounts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a College or University Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 plus years of experience in an Accounts Payable position
- Must be proficient with Excel, Outlook and accounting programs
- Accounts Payable: 3 years
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounts Payable
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now