Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
A company is seeking qualified Auditor on a contract basis.
The ideal candidate will have 3rd party audit experience in management systems and be certified as a lead auditor in ISO 9001 and/or ISO / IEC 27001. Selected contractors will have experience working within the information security sector or related sectors, competencies and credibility to lead multi-discipline teams delivering Management System assessments and associated certification services, good engineering or scientific background, and demonstrate a solid understanding of management systems within a variety of industry sectors.
This position requires extensive domestic travel and will provide new auditors with vast and varied experience conducting audits for numerous clients across industries. Primary responsibilities are auditing client management systems for conformance with established standards, client, and/or industry requirements, government regulations, and other global and national norms.
Role will include:
- Undertaking business process assessments according to international management system standards
- Ensuring that the visit is completed within the agreed time-scales, and co-coordinating team findings to reach conclusions
- Producing high quality assessment reports or other reports such as summary reports, reflecting business assurance principles, in compliance with accreditation requirements and internal procedures
- Coaching Assessors under training, recommending authorization and further development activities as appropriate. Mentor less experienced Lead Assessors to assist in the development of their professional skills
- Assist clients with questions relevant to the audit and/or certification process.
- Act as Lead Auditor or team member.
- Coordinate audit activity with team members.
- Liaise with client regarding audit activity.
- Review client's management system documentation.
- Verify and document evidence of compliance and non-compliance.
- Prepare audit report.
- Review audit results with coordinator. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results, when required.
- Assist with corrective action requirements resulting from assessments.
- Participate in audit meetings.
- Review audit reports and provide technical assistance to UL’s client services team.
- Support management in areas of continuous improvement. Provide management with updates on status of work.
- RAB approved 40-hour ISO 9001 training course with exam; auditors will have passed the Lead Auditor course.
- 4-Year College Degree and 5+ years of Auditing Experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience in related industry.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment, organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer and writing skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise effective time management skills in completion of assignments.
- The candidate will have a successful work history, strong interpersonal and organizational skills with excellent written and oral communication capabilities. Ability to work in a virtual home-based environment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for standard management systems assessments.
- Must be able to assess customer needs, meet quality standards for services and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Work independently and project a professional image appropriate to the work environment.
- Experience with management systems, 2nd and 3rd party certifications, ISO-9000 processes and/or previous certification auditing/assessment skills highly desired.
- Excellent communication and follow-through skills.
- Have integrity, ensuring that business is conducted in an ethical manner
- Have commercial focus, understanding customers’ needs and adding value
- Maintaining and developing own technical competencies and skills for audit activities.
- Experience across range of industries in management systems, processes and practices.
- Experience of engagement with higher level management in organizations.
- Have good knowledge of accreditation requirements and the structure of accredited certification.
To be considered:
Experience with management systems such as Quality, Environmental, Energy, Occupational Safety & Health, Software, Information Security is a prerequisite.
Experience working for Certification Bodies and or with engineering, and manufacturing sectors would be a distinct advantage.
A degree in a relevant subject such as engineering or science.
Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework and requirements of the specified sectors
A thorough understanding of the application of management systems in a range of organizations, a working knowledge of management systems, i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000-1, and their application in a business setting.
Experience with or management of second or third-party auditing/assessment, including system level auditing and process level auditing, an advantage.
Understanding of the principles of good client management and application within the certification business.
Experience in developing and managing complex technical projects.
Competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now