Accounts Payable Clerk
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
The person in this temporary role will be responsible for facilitating processes associated with the accounts payable and payroll functions in the Finance Department.
- Gather and accurately input payroll information
- Report payroll information to selected software system on a timely basis
- To offer constructive feedback to supervisor regarding the identification of areas of improvements associated with the agency’s financial systems
- Prepare quarterly reports detailing number of employees and wages for submission to the Texas Workforce Commission
- Stay abreast of new & expired contracts to accurately code accounts payable invoices
- Ensure all invoices have appropriate support and approval prior to issuing payment and inputting into data into selected financial software system.
- Ensure all invoices are input on a daily basis
- Complete accounts payable research in a timely manner within two business days of receipt of request
- Enter all void and manual checks within two business days
- Ensure accuracy of the Accounts Payable Aging Report
- Prepare journal entries for accruals at the end of the month
- Accurately maintain Daily Cash Balance Reports on Excel.
- Prepare daily cash deposit slips for deposit of funds into bank accounts by the Senior Accountant
- Prepare 1099R’s at year-end for contractors
- To work with colleagues and supervisor with a high level of professionalism
- Others duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
- At least 5 years related work experience in Accounts Payable and Payroll
- High School Graduate of GED equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extemporaneous platform speaking. Proven track record of successful proposal or grant writing at the foundation, city, state and/or federal level
- Must have proven employee/customer relations skills with emphasis on conflict resolution
- Must have superior time management skills; Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Must have the ability to serve as a change agent to successfully move team toward a common goal
- Must understand and be capable of articulating the company’s message
- Experience with the United Way of Greater Houston or similar entity
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent computer skills to include proven ability in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounts Payable
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now