Senior Staff Accountant
Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a contract position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for revenue recognition on projects/contracts assigned according to GAAP (percentage completion method), Performance Reporting policy, and other applicable company policy. This role will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting SG&A departmental costs, budgeting, forecasting, issue financial statements and analyzing financial results on a monthly basis.
- Act as an arm of the various jobsite offices to receive information pertinent to project revenue recognition as a whole on a monthly basis.
- Complete a variety of journal entries and other responsible accounting functions requiring double entry bookkeeping.
- Set up new jobs (contracts) and close completed jobs (contracts) in CMiC.
- Review for accuracy of budgets, costs, quantities, and projections on monthly job cost reports for projects/contracts assign to ensure integrity of the cost accounting system.
- Balance current contract amounts to job cost budgets.
- Balance costs from various accounting modules in CMiC, e.g. subcontract ledger to job cost (Earned Cost Report).
- Verify batches are journal entries are posted correctly.
- Review Earned Cost Reports for projects/contracts assigned to ensure budgeted, earned/installed, and projected quantities are accurate as a method to verify the reasonableness of percent complete recognized by each of the cost items.
- Review projected costs and final projected profits prepared by respective project managers for reasonableness and accuracy according to applicable contract terms and company policy.
- Calculate and input projected revenues for projects/contracts assigned according to applicable contract terms and company policy.
- Verify earned revenue and profit (fee) on Fee Calculation Backpage and Contract Schedule for job-to-date for accuracy for projects/contracts assigned.
- Enter journal entries as required, such as cost accruals, stored materials (Material on Hand), etc. for projects/contracts assigned.
- Analyze costs/billings in excess and margin fluctuations to identify any anomalies or discrepancies, and adequately resolve with responsible parties.
- Requires communication on a daily basis with Field Office Managers, Project Managers, and Regional Managers through phone and written mediums.
- Assist with periodic audits conducted by Internal Audit and annual audits by an outside CPA firm. Provide all the necessary information and documentation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reconciling GL accounts and analyzing variances.
- Prepare monthly reports for overhead departments, and review with respective department managers.
- Prepare necessary reports for regular company management meetings, other departments in the company, and outside entities, such as sureties, banks and survey agencies.
- Participate in the verification process of data integrity at accounting system enhancements, upgrades or changes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and on track to obtain CPA license
- 5+ years’ of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a job cost environment
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred, but not required
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now