Join ExtendMyStaff TodaySign Up Now
This is a part-time position.
Accounting Specialists are responsible for supporting the Accounting department and Company by ensuring the integrity of financial information and results through compliance with Company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include recording daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial, based on those records.
Other responsibilities include performing accounting analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings.
- Posts data to various ledgers, registers, monthly recording of Journal entries, and logs following established accounting techniques.
- Compiles and analyzes financial records including monthly account reconciliations within established timeframes.
- Researches and respond to financial inquiries from management.
- Participates in preparation of complex schedules and documentation for the annual audit.
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles assigned P&L accounts and tax filings.
- Performs financial analysis and makes recommendations for the management of financial resources.
- Provides support for internal and external audits.
- Reviews financial reports for accuracy; completes any additional review/investigation required.
- Prepares various investment schedules and financial reports including balance sheets, income statements, etc. and produce reports for management.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Proficient in 10 key and alpha/numeric data entry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Accounting Software, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use. Demonstrated ability to learn new accounting software.
- Ability to work in a fast-past, competing deadline driven environment.
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- Bachelor Degree required.
- One to three years experience working in accounting/finance preferably in a large Company or public accounting environment.
This Project is seeking consultants.
This is not a remote position.
This position does not require travel.
Project Salary - Hourly
Minimum Range In Dollars:
Maximum Range In Dollars:
- Accounting/General Ledger
To apply for this project, log in as a consultant and search for the Project ID number.
Sign Up Now